Custom Security Scholarship
For Children of First Responders
At Custom Security Systems we value the dedication and courage our first responders display every day. To celebrate our pride in our local first responders, we will offer three separate scholarships (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place) to children of law enforcement officers, firefighters, and EMS technicians and paramedics.
To apply, write a 500+ word essay detailing how being the son or daughter of a first responder has influenced you as a college-bound student. There is no correct answer and creativity is encouraged. Custom Security Systems will award one 1st place scholarship for $5,000, one 2nd place scholarship for $2,500, and one 3rd place scholarship for $1000 for each branch of service (law enforcement, firefighting, and EMS). These scholarships may be used for tuition, books, housing or any school-related expenses. Recipients of these 9 scholarships will be announced on May 1, 2020.
- Be enrolled in a college, university, or technical school in the United States
- Have a parent who is a law enforcement officer, firefighter or EMS technician or paramedic in one of the following parishes: Ascension, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Livingston, Pointe Coupee, St. Helena, West Baton Rouge, West Feliciana
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.75
- Submit your essay as an attachment (.pdf or .doc file) to an email to email@example.com
- The first page of your essay should include the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- The department and rank/position of your parent
- Include an attachment of a transcript from your academic institution with your Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Submit your essay no later than April 1, 2020